Thursday, January 7, 2010

Be The Change in 2010

Happy New Year Everybody! I hope everyone had a great holiday vacation and starting on their New Year Resolutions! I know all of us are going to try our best to change the world in 2010! I am just so thankful and appreciative to be one of the hundreds of young change-makers making a difference around the world! Just thinking of how many people we can help in 2010 is very exciting! Kourtney, my 7yr. old friend, who I am trying to raise money for her transplant and awareness of organ donation, is someone who inspires me so much (even though she may not realize it because she is so young); to go for the gold and live life to the fullest, so I am going to apply that to everything I do this year! Kourtney just wants her multi-organ transplant which would be very scary for most of us, yet, her brave and positive attitude keeps her going while enduring unbearable pain each and every day! I want all my fellow members of Ashoka’s Youth Venture, Get Ur Good On, YSA, Kids are Heroes and Afro Puffs and Ponytails, to follow your dreams this year … as I hope that is one of your New Year’s resolutions. Of course, we come from all walks of life from the U.S. and around the world, so even though we may be far apart, let’s use our advantage of having the same mindset and goals to continue to be young change-makers, and provide more opportunities for other youth around the world so that we can be the “change” to help fight the many issues that plague our communities like disease, poverty, illiteracy, child-trafficking, domestic violence, drugs and the list goes on! Remember … “you can do anything that you can dream!” All the best in 2010!!!
Give the gift of life, donate your organs and live life to the fullest!

http://www.transplants.org/donate/kourtneynajjar

No comments:

Post a Comment